Monday, September 12, 2011

Como Lago
















Lake Como was AMAZING minus one of my usual, embarrassing falls, but I'll get to that later. We started off our wonderful day by sleeping in until 10:30. It was a rather late Saturday night, so we definitely needed it! Haha. We met up with our friend Delaney at the S'ant Aogostino metro station before actually going to the train station at Cadorna. I must say the metro is amazing. I sound like a tourist, but it truly is...especially because we don't have one in Hawai'i!!! After the metro, we met up with our friend Nathalie and finally got on the train to Como Lago (Lake Como).

My first train ride was exciting. It was only about an hour, but it was still a great experience :) Lake Como was hot and humid. We were all rather hungry, so we decided to grab lunch at what we thought was a small restaurant. In reality, it was huge. It had about three rooms filled with tables, a patio area, and the area that we entered from. All I can say is I've never had more incredible pasta in my life. I had the spaghetti carbonara. SO SO GOOD!!!! After lunch, we sat at the restaurant for a while and pondered what to do while surviving the humid heat. One of the waitresses pointed us to a funicular railway where you could get a great view of the city. I was ridiculously hot in that 'THING'!!! There was literally no air circulation, but once we got out, since we were so high up, the air was a lot more cooler. It was awesome. From there, we walked to see the beautiful city and lake in whole.

After coming down the mountain on that 'thing,' we decided that it would be a great idea to stick our feet in the water just to cool off a little. That was a bad idea, for me anyway. Haha. I totally slipped and ate it just as I was about to get my feet in the water. I was worried about my lens, but I'm just happy I had a filter on my lens. Even though the filter cracked and was ruined, my lens ended up being perfectly fine!!!

After I recovered from that super embarrassing slip, we decided to take a boat ride around the lake to get the cool breeze. It lasted for about and hour and was a great, relaxing idea. After getting off the boat, I just wanted to go home and sleep. But we walked around for a bit, and then caught the train back to Cadorna. We relaxed last night and had dinner at home because we were exhausted from the day's trip. All in all, it was AMAZING...as usual. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment