Monday, September 26, 2011

Lago di Garda

















I know I've been neglecting my blog. I officially start 'school' today!

Lago di Garda was amazing! It was nice to get away from the city for the weekend and just relax, and don't worry! This time I did not fall into lake water, but it would have been perfectly fine if I did. Haha. We started with an early train ride there, where we all pretty much fell asleep. It was an hour and a half long, so we did have a little bit of time to get ready for the long day ahead.

After getting to destination point, we caught a cab to the trailer park where we were staying. It definitely was the cutest little trailer...ever. LOL! It had air conditioner, and I had my own bed. After dropping our stuff off there, we headed out to get something to eat because we were all so hungry. Jade and I split a hamburger and french fries. It was seriously so good! We then headed out to rent those foot paddle boats. I don't even know what they were called, but it was definitely so AMAZING!

We walked around in the pounding sun for about an hour. The town was so pretty, but it was definitely a relief to get back to a place we recognized. We chilled at the pool for a while before going to dinner at this Mexican place. The food was alright, but the company was AWESOME.

The next morning a group of us wanted breakfast. In Italy, they don't do "breakfast." You know....eggs, pancakes, bacon, waffles....and in Hawaii rice, fried rice, spam. Haha. But we went around looking for something that would satisfy our craving, but with no luck, we found the nearest restaurant and decided for some pasta. It ended up being a great decision. We were going to try and catch the bus to the castle, but it started pouring, so instead we decided to go back to Milan. It was a great decision at the perfect time because the train system was on a strike that day! We got lucky though. When we got up to the window, the ticket lady said she just heard of a train we could catch back to the city. We were stoked that everything worked out perfectly!

This weekend we stayed in Milan because it was Milano Fashion Week!!!! It was amazing, but that'll be my next blog. I'm also heading to Oktoberfest next weekend. We're driving from Milan to Germany. I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment